Weekly eMail Digest - 06 July 2015
Post date: Jul 7, 2015 4:39:41 PM
Sat, 12 noon, Monmouth School - Loading trailer for Summer camp
We will load all personal gear and troop supplies on the trailer for tomorrows departure to Camp Winnebago and summer camp
Sun, 11am, Monmouth School - Leave for Summer Camp.
Uniform: Class A
Meet at 11am
Depart at 11:30am
Camp Check-in at 1:30pm
The camp requires that we arrive in Class A uniform.
Summer camp trunks
I have two blue plastic trunks that the Scouts can use to pack their clothes in for summer camp sitting at the top of my driveway.
557 Mackey Ave
If anyone needs one, feel free to stop by and take one.
Yours in Scouting
Troop 122, Big Bears
Summer Camp Notes
Just a few reminders for Summer Camp
- You must have merit badge pamphlets for each badge you are taking. Look at them now and don't wait till the last minute
- Merit badge prerequisites must be completed prior to summer camp. You must have written proof from you counselor at home of your parent that you completed that reqiurement properly. I can not sign off on any requirement that I have not witnessed as being done properly.
- You must bring your list of merit badges that you are taking along with their times. I will not have that information with me. It is your total responsibility to have this information. I will have the Leaders' Guide which has the time for each merit badge and you can figure it out at camp if you forget.
- Take money to pay for any merit badge kits you need and some extra for the trading post
- Swimming: Scouts must have necessary clothing for requirements for swimming. Check swimming merit badge on the troop web site.
- No Cell Phones allowed at camp. All Cell phones or electronic games will be taken away on Sunday when we arrive and returned on Saturday when we leave.
- All Scouts must have their scout manual with them in order to get requirements signed off. New scouts will be working on Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class requirements
- All medications must be in original containers with all important information on labels. Please put an index card with the scout's name, medications, and time schedule for taking medications. This is very helpful
- The theme for the summer camp is "The Pirates of Winnebago". If you wish, bring a proper pirate costume and accessories.
- The Camp has a mud hike (Camp Minsi 2011 - Muck Hike) so bring old clothes, sneakers, and a garbage bag and play to throw the clothes away after the hike.
- Come to summer camp with a smile on your face and the joy of being in the woods for a week.
We are looking forward to a great week
Yours in Scouting,
Troop 122, Big Bears