Weekly eMail Digest - 29 Feb 2016
Post date: Mar 2, 2016 5:53:08 PM
Uniform: Class A
Pine Hill Scout Reservation Camping - 11-12 Mar 2016
VFW Corned Beef Dinner -12 Mar 2016 return from camp till 9pm
Alpine Scout Reservation Camping - 1-3 Apr 2016
- Backpacking Review w/James Booth
- Personal Measurements and 10 Minute patrol meetings with Jack Z.
Game: Kick the Can (Cans brought by Cade)
Scoutmaster Minute: Mr. Gargano
Flags: Patrol 3
Summer Camp Physicals
In the next few weeks I will be sending a reminder about medicals for summer camp. I'm looking to have forms due June 1
Yours in Scouting,
Medical and Training Records
Troop 122, Big Bears
Scout Dues and payments
To All Parents:
Please email me, Mrs. Butler, at SuzyBut77@hotmail.com so that I can have your email address to bring you up to date on what troop dues and summer camp payments you need to make and what is in your son's scout account. Many of your sons have a credit on account and don't even realized it.
Troop 122, Big Bears
Troop 122 Egg drop challenge
10 March 2014 Troop meeting
Egg Drop Rule Sheet
Materials supplied by Troop
- 1 Raw Egg
- 36 of inches Masking Tape
- 15 Plastic Drinking Straws
- 1 Piece 8.5” x 11” Paper
Inform Scouts of the rules, and allow 30 minutes to work on their egg cushioning system.
Conduct vertical drop test.
- Scouts will be given 30 minutes to construct a form to protect their raw egg from a vertical drop of 3 feet and up until there is only one egg left.
- Available construction materials are listed above.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, the vertical drop test will begin, initially dropping the egg from3,6,9 feet etc., until a champion emerges—the most resilient egg/crate form—is declared.
- Please make sure you have all of the necessary equipment to build your egg protector, scissors, utility knife, tape measure etc.
All egg protectors must be built during our Troop meeting on March 10th.
This competition is mandatory for all Scouts in attendance and participation is required if
Scouts are not planning on participating or are unprepared they will have to sit on the
This list of materials and rules is being given out prior to the competition giving the Scouts ample time to gather their material and sketch a preliminary design.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mr. Ramirez