Weekly eMail Digest 24 April 2017
Post date: Apr 24, 2017 10:57:09 PM
Meeting location: New Monmouth Elementary School
Uniform: Class B
Due: Merit Badge Picks are Due NO EXCEPTIONS
Skills: Egg Drop
Game: Ultimate Frisbee
Scoutmaster Minute: Mr Davis
Flags: Patrol 4
Summer Camp 2017- Forestburg
It is that time of year to begin getting ready for summer camp. The troop will attending camp July 23-29. All scouts attending summer camp need up to date medical forms, parts A, B and C, which can be downloaded from the BSA website. Forestburg has an additional form for Prescription Medications. If your scout takes prescription medication, you will need a form for each prescriptive medication taken. Completed forms are due June 1st.
If your scout is not attending summer camp, please submit part A and B. This is also the time of year when the troop updates their medical forms necessary for troop camp outs.
- Please do not use any previous forms. New forms must be submitted every year.
- Parts A, B & Prescription Medication Forms are filled out by Parents.
- Part C must be filled out and signed by your physician.
- Scouts need a current "well" visit. If you can't schedule a well visit (due to insurance) before June 1st, submit parts A & B, along with the prescription form (if necessary) and a note indicating the date of your scout's doctor visit.
- You may list Jesse Ramirez 732-962-0820 as an adult authorized to take your scout to and from events.
- Sign form.
- Unit Leader Jesse Ramirez 732-962-0820
- Monmouth Council Unit No 122
- Make sure you fill in insurance information and attach a copy of the front and back of your insurance card. Forms submitted without a copy of your insurance card are considered incomplete and will not be accepted. Last years copy will not be used.
- The doctor may fill out the immunization section. If your doctor does, as per BSA, immunization dates must have month, day, and, year. 4/17/17 not 4/17. You may also attach a copy of your scout's immunization record.
- Sign form.
As per instructions from Forestburg: "Fill out the medical form completely and make sure that parents sign sections A and B and the doctor signs section C. Make sure that immunization dates in Part B are complete dates. Also make sure that the emergency notification and pickup information in sections A and B are complete."
Please note the requirements for Medical Forms and Prescription Medication forms are set forth by BSA and Forestburg BSA camp.
Also, I am asking that your forms be submitted in a timely manner. I need to review each form, and forms need to be submitted to Forestburg camp 2 weeks prior to the troops week of camp. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours in Scouting,
Scoutmaster Troop 122