Weekly eMail Digest 26 Mar 2018

Post date: Mar 27, 2018 1:04:45 PM

Uniform: Class B

Location: VFW

Cyber Chip Videos

Game: Steal the Bacon

Scoutmaster Minute: Mr. Tucillo

Flags: Patrol 2

Scout Medical Forms

Dear Parents,

It is that time of year to begin getting ready for summer camp. The troop will be attending Camp Minsi July 22-28. All scouts attending summer camp are required to have up to date medical forms that can be downloaded from the BSA website. Completed forms are due Thursday June 7. If your scout is not attending summer camp please submit parts A and B as these forms are required to be kept up to date by the troop for monthly campouts.

Please do not use any previous forms that you may have saved. Parts A and B are filled out by parents. Part C must be filled out by the scout's physician. Scouts need a current will visit. If you cannot schedule a doctor's visit before June 7 please hand in Parts A and B with a note attached letting me know that a doctor visit is scheduled and submit Part C after the doctor has filled out the form.

Food Allergy & Special Dietary Accommodations - If your scout has any food allergies or other dietary restrictions, a form has to be completed and returned to Camp Minsi at least two weeks prior to arrival at camp. The dining hall staff are able to accommodate special dietary needs in two ways: (1) by providing enough variety in the menu and (2) by making substitutions for some (although not all) menu items in order to give Scouts well-rounded meals.

If you require this form or have questions, please email me at jmurphy000205@gmail.com

Some reminders when filling out the forms:

Part A

You may list Will Purcell 732-207-0896 as an adult authorized to take your scout to and from events.

Part B

Unit Leader Will Purcell 732-207-0896

Monmouth Council Unit No 122

Make sure you fill in the insurance information and attach a copy of the front and back of your insurance card. Forms submitted without the insurance card copy are incomplete.

You may attach a copy of the scout's immunization record (usually available at well visit) or have the doctor fill it out.

Completed forms can be put in an envelope marked to my attention and handed in at a troop meeting.

Any questions please contact me.

Yours in Scouting,

Jeanne Murphy jmurphy000205@gmail.com

Troop Medical Records and Leader Training