Weekly eMail Digest 5 Feb 2018
Post date: Feb 2, 2018 8:28:34 PM
Uniform: Class B
Upcoming: Winnebago Camping, 9-11 Feb
First Aid - Antonio & Sean T.
Game: Box Game
Scoutmaster Minute: Mr. Tucillo
Flags: Patrol 1
- If 2018 Troop dues has not been fully paid, please do so.
- The first summer camp payment was due on 1 Feb and so far only 1 scout has made the first payment. To qualify for the $390 "early bird discount" names and a $100 deposit for each scout must be at the council office by 1 Mar 2018. Therefore, anyone paying the 1st payment after February 15th will not qualify for the early bird and have to pay the $415 camp payment.
- Camp cards (see below) will distributed at this Thursday's meeting to any scout that wishes to sell them. The cards are $5 and the scouts will receive $2.50 per card sold to their scout account. The cards are an easy sell (there is a $5 ShopRite coupon and many other coupons) and the selling window is until June or July. Be advised, the money in the scout accounts from camp cards will not be available to use until late summer
Your in Scouting,
Troop 122, Big Bears
Camp Cards will be available Feb. 8th
Monmouth Council will again be conducting the Camp Card program and Troop 122 will participate in it as an optional fundraising activity for each Scout. Here is how it works.
- The Camp card is a booklet of coupons for discounts at various stores and restaurants.
- The card is sold for $5.
- For each one sold the Scout earns $2.50 in his Scout account to pay for such things as dues and summer camp.
I myself buy 40 of them and they end up being free. There is a coupon for $5 off a $50 purchase at Shop Rite. I buy the card for $5 and get $5 off each week at Shop Rite. Any other coupons are a bonus.
(and $100 for your scout account)
Pick up your cards at a Troop meeting from Mr. Kilduff